IHSI is pleased to announce the campus-wide launch of Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap), the renowned data collection and management application, at Illinois.
To start using Illinois REDCap, please see Accessing Illinois REDCap.
REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) is a secure web application for building and managing online surveys and project databases for research studies.
With REDCap, you and your research teams can:
- Build online surveys and databases rapidly. REDCap allows users to quickly develop projects via a point-and-click web interface or by creating a “data dictionary” in Microsoft Excel and uploading this template file into the application. Users can also create, modify, and utilize the form content without having to perform any programming or project development.
- Build online surveys and projects securely. Create and design your project using secure web authentication from your browser (i.e., no extra software is required). Additionally, Illinois REDCap is approved for collection of high risk data, including protected health information.
- Provide multi-site access. Researchers from multiple sites and institutions can access your REDCap projects as long as the project has an Illinois Principal Investigator.
- Generate informal reports. Create custom queries for generating reports to view or download.
- Schedule and organize. Utilize a built-in project calendar and scheduling module for organizing events and sending out reminders for participant visits.
- Manage surveys and survey respondents. Put together a list of email contacts, generate custom email invitations, and follow who responds. Or, construct a single survey link and access code to email out or post on a website.
- Access and use the REDCap Shared Library. Download curated REDCap data collection instruments and forms for use in your project(s).
- Export data to common data analysis packages. Export your data to Microsoft Excel, SAS, Stata, R, or SPSS for statistical analysis.
- Collect data offline. Save your forms and surveys as PDFs so that you can print them and collect data anywhere.
To learn more about REDCap, please visit project-redcap.org. For questions about Illinois REDCap, please email email@example.com.
Please be advised, the information contained in Illinois REDCap may contain privileged and confidential information, including patient information protected by federal and state privacy laws. Users are solely responsible for adhering to the requirements outlined in the Illinois REDCap Account User Agreement and Protecting High Risk Data document pertaining to the privacy and security of high risk data, including protected health information or other sensitive data, entered in and exported from Illinois REDCap. Users acknowledge that the IHSI REDCap Team does not control or monitor the information or data you collect in, or transmit through, Illinois REDCap.
Illinois REDCap is administered by the Interdisciplinary Health Sciences Institute (IHSI) and powered by Research IT, Technology Services, with education and training support from the University Library.