Expertise for planning and developing health research
IHSI’s Research Development team works directly with Illinois investigators to expand health sciences research. The team provides proposal development support, offers grant seeking workshops and resources, and coordinates campus-wide responses to local and national funding priorities.
Get to know ARPA-H.
IHSI is leading our university’s effort to respond to the mission of the recently established Advanced Research Projects Agency for Health.
Proposal Development Support
With diverse scientific backgrounds, our team of research development professionals directly support Illinois investigators pursuing various types of health-related research grants. These partnerships build our campus research portfolio and create pathways for large, multi-PI grants and centers.
- Assessment of feasibility and campus priority
- Strategic planning
- Project team coordination
- Project management
- Sample proposals, templates, and boilerplate text
- Review proposals for completeness, compliance, and alignment with the solicitation
- Connection to partners and IHSI core resources
Contact the IHSI research development team to discuss partnership and support for your research project. The IHSI research development team will work with you to determine feasibility and alignment with priority areas.
Grant Seeking Programs
Our grant seeking programs help to increase awareness of funding opportunities and encourage development of high-quality proposals.
- NIH Grant Writing Series
- DoD Grant Seeking Workshop
- Peer Accountability Writing Groups
As a campus-wide institute, we work across disciplines to leverage our university’s strengths in the health sciences.
- Government agency relations in consultation with Lewis-Burke Associates, LLC
- Knowledge of research expertise across campus units
- Coordination of interdisciplinary research teams to respond to funding opportunities
Connect With Us
Contact the Research Development team
We look forward to working with you! Please contact us with questions about our programs or to discuss partnership opportunities.